Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Federal Government says evacuation of Nigerians from different parts of the world, will begin on Wednesday May 6th.
The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, yesterday at a briefing of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19, said the government had made adequate arrangements to provide quarantine centres for about 4,000 Nigerians who had indicated interest in returning from China, the United States, United Kingdom, South Africa, India, Canada and Middle East countries, among others.
The Minister said Emirates Airline would commence the evacuation from Dubai on Wednesday. “So, by God’s Grace on Wednesday, we would start the process of repatriating our nations from outside the country. There are about almost 4, 000 Nigerians wishing to come back home. If we had our way, we’ll bring them all back immediately and all at once, but there are various constraints and the biggest constraints is where to quarantine them.
We’ve done everything we can to get beds here in Abuja and in Lagos. In Lagos, we have almost 300 beds available, and I’d like to take some time out to again express our gratitude to the governor of Lagos state because without his personal engagement, it would have been more difficult for us. So, the first flight (Emirates) on Wednesday will be to Lagos,” Onyeama said.
To continue telling under-reported stories, we need your support for the work we do, by donating to https://paystack.com/pay
- “Discontinue the street protests” – Read Muhammadu Buhari’s speech
- Breaking: Edo state govt reviews 24-hour curfew earlier imposed on the state
- US Govt wants the prosecution of all those involved in killings of #EndSARS protesters
- “We have received information alleging crimes” – ICC on #EndSARS protests in Nigeria
- We give you 24 hours to return the staff of office of the Oba of Lagos OR…… – Lagos ruling house declares
- Breaking: Finally, Buhari to address Nigerians after #LekkiMassacre and #EndSARS
- The Nigerian army says videos of Lekki tollgate shooting are photoshopped and fake
- NSA says Buhari is to provide a solution to nationwide crisis
- It was a system glitch – Instagram apologizes for censoring #EndSARS posts
- Just In: Attempted Jailbreak foiled at Ikoyi Prison