Estimated Reading Time: 1
The dancer had reportedly died from electrocution while charging her phone at Peters‘s apartment in Omole estate, Lagos state.
Bala Elkana, spokesperson of the state police command, confirmed that Peters has been detained and is being questionned as the police is investigating for murder, LIB reports.
He said since the incident happened in Peters’s apartment, himself and some others who were present at the time of the unfortunate incident, have been invited to the station.
The police spokesman stated that; “he (Peters) is in our custody answering some questions. We are investigating the circumstances that led to her death so definitely there are questions investigators will need to find out and he is one of those that need to answer some of those questions; that is why he has been invited and some few others who were there.
“They are detained. It is full fledged investigation. It is a murder charge. We are probably looking at murder. We are not concluding at this stage. If she died of electrocution according to reports, it is left for us to find out. Was she actually electrocuted? What went wrong? Autopsy will also show.” He added.
According to reports, Kodak sat near the door of the residence barefooted while operating the plugged phone when the incident happened.
She reportedly suffered chest burns when the phone fell on her body and died before she was taken to the hospital.
Kodak was popular in the music industry for working with Clarence in videos for acts like Burna Boy, Tekno, Davido, Olamide and more.
To continue telling under-reported stories, we need your support for the work we do, donate to https://paystack.com/pay
- Breaking: Coronavirus cases in Nigeria exceeds 10,000
- “Your appointments will ruin Nigeria”, – Col Umar warns Buhari in open letter
- “We have lost a great member” Redeemed Church Demands #JUSTICE4UWA
- Breaking: Churches to reopen next week in A/Ibom
- Return to negotiation or…, Ngige warns ASUU
- Amnesty International says Nigeria gov’ts response to rape continues to be woefully inadequate
- Raped & left for dead: Edo Governor wants justice for 22-yr-old student of University of Benin
- Buhari’s refusal to address the country on May 29 is because he’s weighed down with failure – PDP
- $5.513bn loan: SERAP wants Buhari to reveal spending details of loans by his government since 2015
- PDP records landslide victory in Benue LGA elections