Estimated Reading Time: 1
The dancer had reportedly died from electrocution while charging her phone at Peters‘s apartment in Omole estate, Lagos state.
Bala Elkana, spokesperson of the state police command, confirmed that Peters has been detained and is being questionned as the police is investigating for murder, LIB reports.
He said since the incident happened in Peters’s apartment, himself and some others who were present at the time of the unfortunate incident, have been invited to the station.
The police spokesman stated that; “he (Peters) is in our custody answering some questions. We are investigating the circumstances that led to her death so definitely there are questions investigators will need to find out and he is one of those that need to answer some of those questions; that is why he has been invited and some few others who were there.
“They are detained. It is full fledged investigation. It is a murder charge. We are probably looking at murder. We are not concluding at this stage. If she died of electrocution according to reports, it is left for us to find out. Was she actually electrocuted? What went wrong? Autopsy will also show.” He added.
According to reports, Kodak sat near the door of the residence barefooted while operating the plugged phone when the incident happened.
She reportedly suffered chest burns when the phone fell on her body and died before she was taken to the hospital.
Kodak was popular in the music industry for working with Clarence in videos for acts like Burna Boy, Tekno, Davido, Olamide and more.
To continue telling under-reported stories, we need your support for the work we do, donate to https://paystack.com/pay
- Breaking: Armed security officials fire live bullets at thousands of #EndSARS protesters at Lekki toll gate in Lagos
- Flight operations at the Murtala Mohammed Airport suspended
- Nigerian senate asks Buhari to Immediately address citizens #EndSARS
- Breaking: IGP deploys anti-riot policemen nationwide
- Just In: All Progressives Congress leader wants court to shutdown twitter in Nigeria
- Tension as hoodlums set ablaze another police station in Lagos State
- Speaker Gbajabiamila says he will not sign the 2021 Appropriation Bill until … #EndSARS
- Breaking: Lagos Government declares curfew over #EndSARS protests
- Nigerian economy loses N700bn to #EndSARS protests in 12 days
- Just In: 8 killed, 7 others injured in a tanker explosion in Niger State