Estimated Reading Time: 1
In order to boost its contribution to the fight against armed banditry, cattle rustling and other forms of criminality in the Northwest of the Country, the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has completed some projects in Katsina, Daura and Gusau in Katsina and Zamfara States.
The Director of Public Relations and Information, NAF Air Commodore Ibikunle Daramola said the completed projects, which include residential accommodations and other facilities, would facilitate the deployment of additional personnel and assets to support anti-banditry and anti-cattle rustling operations under the auspices of Operation HADARIN DAJI.
Daramola noted that the commissioning at 213 Forward Operating Base (213 FOB), Katsina and Quick Response Wing, took place in Daura while that of the 207 Quick Response Group (207 QRG), NAF Base, took place in Gusau.
He said the infrastructural projects commissioned at 213 FOB, Katsina include a Mosque, Gymnasium, 12 x 1 bedroom Single Officers’ Quarters (SOQ) accommodation and 6 x 2 Senior Non-Commissioned Officers (SNCOs’) accommodation.
Speaking during the commissioning ceremony in Katsina, the Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, who was represented by the Air Officer Commanding Special Operations Command (AOC SOC), Air Vice Marshal (AVM) Charles Ohwo, stated that the present NAF leadership had been addressing the welfare needs of its personnel to motivate them for more effective operations geared towards the attainment of national security objectives. (VON)
To continue telling under-reported stories, we need your support for the work we do, donate to https://paystack.com/pay/newswirengr
- NBC asks DSS to arrest operators of Radio Biafra
- Police in Sokoto confirms terrorists killed 12 persons In Illela
- A splinter Boko Haram group, regrouping in my state – Nasarawa Governor Raises Alarm
- Terrorists that attacked in Kaduna are from neighbouring states – Commissioner
- Ondo Government bans NURTW, RTEAN activities in the state
- Lagos shuts down Cubana nightclub, arrests 172 COVID-19 violators
- Breaking: Governor Bala Mohammed of Bauchi State and convoy involved in an accident
- Fearing terrorist attack, Yobe State Government closes all boarding schools
- Food items will not be transported to southwest until Fulanis are safe – Miyetti Allah
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Food blockade of south by north