Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Ogun state government has released venues for COVID-19 community testing across local government areas in the state.
The state government disclosed this via its Twitter account on Sunday.
It said the testing venues, spread across the 20 local government areas, will offer free service to those willing to know their COVID-19 status.
The exercise, organised according to the various wards in each local government area, will be done between the months of April and May.
The government urged those who fall within the case definition of the virus, especially those with symptoms, to approach the venues for test.
It said such measure will lead to a reduction of the virus transmission in the state.
“The Ogun State Government has released a schedule of venues and dates for the free testing of suspected patients of COVID-19 in all communities across the 20 LGAs in the State,” the tweet read.
“The schedule is done according to LGAs, listing alongside the wards in each LGA, dedicated venues and dates for the exercise.
“The Government urges everyone who falls within the national (NCDC) case definition, especially those with symptoms, to come forward and be tested for free.
“This, according to the Government, will reduce the continued possibility of community transmission, as infected persons will be quickly identified and placed under close observation.
“Everyone is enjoined to make the best use of this welfare initiative of the State Government, and be tested for free by trained health personnel, so that the State may curtail the spread of the virus
- I “cannot continue to be a member of a Political party that endangers” – Former APC Chairman resigns
- Adams Oshiomhole refers to Governor Obaseki as his “brother and friend” after the two met in Auchi
- In Lagos, Police vows to go after hoodlums and criminals in Lekki and Ajah areas
- Why Government must realize that digital currency is the future
- Breaking: APC pulls out of ongoing local government polls in Delta
- CBN Introduce incentives to diaspora remittances: Beneficiaries to get N5 for every USD received
- Breaking: In Kaduna, Gunmen storm Federal Airport Authority quarters, abduct staff, family members
- Buhari and Osinbajo get Vaccinated against COVID-19, when will poor Nigerians get theirs?
- “I won’t take any vaccine” – Governor Yahaya Bello has said Kogi state people are not “guinea pigs”
- I tested positive for COVID-19 – Obasanjo