Estimated Reading Time: 1
Bayero University Kano (BUK) says it will establish a COVID-19 test centre to help in managing the COVID-19 pandemic in Kano state.
The Vice Chancellor of the university, Prof. Yahuza Bello, disclosed this at COVID-19 press briefing at the Government House, Kano.According to Bello, the new test centre will have the capacity to test 180 samples as against the 40 samples that were tested daily at the NCDC center at Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital.Bello, who is also the Chairman of COVID -19 Fund Raising committee, restated the institution’s commitment in curbing the spread of the disease.
Earlier, Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje revealed that arrangements had been concluded to establish 10 Mobile Courts? in the state to punish offenders of the lockdown order in the state.
Ganduje also commended governors who agreed to lockdown their borders for two weeks, pointing out that such move would go a long way in curbing the COVID-19 pandemic in the northern region.
The governor also said the state government was planning production of one million face masks.
He also announced that Alhaji Aliko Dangote has promised to donate 5, 000 Personal Protective Equipments (PPE), ventilators and monitors.
Ganduje, who cried out to Federal Government for financial assistance, said the state would soon commence the second phase of distribution of palliatives targeting 50,000 households, estimated to cost over N600 million.
The Commissioner of Local Government Affairs, Murtala Sule Garo, who is the chairman of Almajiri Evacuation Committee, also told journalists during the briefing that the state government? has so far evacuated 1,098 Almajiris to Katsina, Jigawa and Kaduna states.
- N6 million debt: Kaduna distribution board cuts off Electricity at the home of late Shehu Shagari
- Restructuring is not enough; we must change the constitution says Goodluck Jonathan
- Former Goalkeeper and Super Eagles Assistant Coach, Joe Erico has died
- COVID-19: Insecurity is Nigeria’s coronavirus – Former Sokoto Governor
- Biden reverses Trump’s Muslim ban
- Presidency says N-Power beneficiaries can now get permanent jobs
- Pogba shoots Manchester United to top of Premier League
- Fact Check: Tweet urging Nigerians to register for NIN or get banned is from a parody account
- After 6 days in captivity, Bauchi House of Assembly member has been released
- All Nigerians have the right to live in Oyo State – Seyi Makinde