Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) announced on Saturday the inclusion of two new molecular labs into the country’s laboratory network for COVID-19 testing.
In a tweet via its official handle, the NCDC said the labs were located at the Usman Danfodio University Teaching Hospital, Sokoto, and the Ahmadu Bello University, Kaduna.
This brings the number of labs that can test for the virus in the country to 15.
The NCDC has said it is ramping up testing for the virus nationwide.
Experts maintain increased testing is key to defeating the virus.
On Friday, Nigeria’s virus cases surpassed the 1,000 mark.
- Yoweri Museveni of Uganda wins 6th term re-election
- Rovers of Calabar to square up against 3SC in NNL season opening match
- Abia State Government gives 7 Days ultimatum to street traders in Aba
- Oyo State gets first female Police Commissioner
- Wedding Photos: Former speaker Dimeji Bankole weds Kebbi Governor’s daughter
- Nigeria’s Golden Eaglets qualify for WAFU final, U17 AFCON
- Femi Adesina says Nigerians who fail to pray are guilty of prolonging the war against insecurity
- COVID-19: UK to close all travel corridors
- NAFDAC warns against the circulation of fake coronavirus vaccines
- The Kwara women who built community school with their personal funds have been refunded