Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) announced on Saturday the inclusion of two new molecular labs into the country’s laboratory network for COVID-19 testing.
In a tweet via its official handle, the NCDC said the labs were located at the Usman Danfodio University Teaching Hospital, Sokoto, and the Ahmadu Bello University, Kaduna.
This brings the number of labs that can test for the virus in the country to 15.
The NCDC has said it is ramping up testing for the virus nationwide.
Experts maintain increased testing is key to defeating the virus.
On Friday, Nigeria’s virus cases surpassed the 1,000 mark.
- CCTV was dismantled to cover the massacre of young peaceful, #EndSARS protesters by the military
- #EndSARS: NECO reschedules SSCE papers again
- Lekki Toll Gate Killings: Yemi Osinbajo speak on shootings
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: The Nigerian state has turned on its people #EndSARS
- IGP orders withdrawal of policemen attached to VIPs across Nigeria
- Protesters set APC secretariat ablaze, attack Chairman’s House
- Olusegun Obasanjo wants Buhari to restrain the military from killing #EndSARS protesters
- Prof Wole Soyinka says Buhari acted in an “authoritarian manner” by deploying soldiers on #EndSARS protesters
- Nigerian civil society situation Room “alarmed by the brutal, despicable killing of #EndSARS protesters”
- Just In: European Union wants justice for #EndSars protesters killed