Estimated Reading Time: 1
Osun State has recorded 12 new Coronavirus cases.
Commissioner for Health in the state, Rafiu Isamotu, said the cases were recorded in Osogbo, Ife, Ede, Ikire and Ejigbo.
He explained that out of the 167 fresh Coronavirus tests conducted in the state, 12 returned positive.
Isamotu said the fresh tests were carried out in the last two weeks of the lockdown, adding that the lockdown had proven effective in containing the spread of the virus.
He said this brings the number of active COVID-19 cases in the state to 13.
The commissioner said that the ban on public gatherings remains in force, urging residents to take the wearing of face masks seriously as it was now compulsory across the state.
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami