Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria has so far tested 8,003 persons for COVID-19, according to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC).
This is still far below a number of African countries including Kenya, which has a population of 53 million, almost four times less than that of Nigeria.
In its latest COVID-19 situation report released on Monday the NCDC stated the number of tests as of the end of Sunday, with 367 persons tested in those previous 24 hour.
The data shows the country’s testing capacity is still far below the World Health Organisation’s (WHO) recommendation of mass-testing.
- I “cannot continue to be a member of a Political party that endangers” – Former APC Chairman resigns
- Adams Oshiomhole refers to Governor Obaseki as his “brother and friend” after the two met in Auchi
- In Lagos, Police vows to go after hoodlums and criminals in Lekki and Ajah areas
- Why Government must realize that digital currency is the future
- Breaking: APC pulls out of ongoing local government polls in Delta
- CBN Introduce incentives to diaspora remittances: Beneficiaries to get N5 for every USD received
- Breaking: In Kaduna, Gunmen storm Federal Airport Authority quarters, abduct staff, family members
- Buhari and Osinbajo get Vaccinated against COVID-19, when will poor Nigerians get theirs?
- “I won’t take any vaccine” – Governor Yahaya Bello has said Kogi state people are not “guinea pigs”
- I tested positive for COVID-19 – Obasanjo