Estimated Reading Time: 1
The United States Mission to Nigeria has said over 340 Americans were evacuated from Lagos on Saturday.
In a tweet, the Mission said the Americans left the country for the United States on a chartered Omni Air International flight bound for Dulles Airport, near Washington, D.C.
“The U.S. Mission in Nigeria wishes all aboard a smooth flight as they head home to rejoin family & friends,” the tweet said.
Earlier this month, the Mission said it had helped 997 Americans return home to unite with family and friends amid the coronavirus pandemic.
The evacuations come amid the coronavirus pandemic, with the US the worst-hit country in the world.
The US has recorded more than 720,000 cases of the virus and over 38,000 deaths.
In contrast, Nigeria has recorded 493 infections and 17 deaths.
However, experts believe Nigeria’s low numbers might be a result of low testing
- APC Suspension: ‘A joke taken too far’ says Fayemi
- Auschwitz museum director begs Buhari for 13 year old boy jailed for blasphemy
- Tiv/Jukun conflict: Governor Ishaku urges fleeing communities to return home
- Obaseki says it will be immoral to return to APC, after meeting with Buhari
- Fact Check: Did Obasanjo really inherit $3 billion in foreign reserves?
- Lagos, Oyo, Kogi, Osun and Ekiti top list of states technically insolvent – Report
- APC Suspends Governor Kayode Fayemi for anti-party activities
- Insecurity: We should speak the truth about things we haven’t gotten right says Gbajabiamila
- The Nigerian Navy launches first purpose built hydrographic survey vessel
- INVESTIGATION: Ticketing Corruption by Railway Staff, Soldiers, Policemen Derailing Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project #TheTrainHasDerailed