Estimated Reading Time: 1
Two policemen have been arrested for attacking and brutalising a woman at the Odo Ori Market in Iwo, Osun State.
The men were arrested after a video of the assault went viral and was condemned by Nigerians and was brought to the attention of the Inspector-General of Police, Muhammed Adamu.
The Nigeria Police Force via their official Twitter account, said the IGP condemned the “unwarranted, unnecessary and unjustifiable assault” on an innocent citizen.
Based on the directive of the police chief, the Commissioner of Police in charge of Osun State Command where the incident occurred had both policemen – identified as Inspector Ikuesan Taiwo and PC Abass Ibrahim – arrested.
Once again, the IGP warned that the police will not condone any act of misconduct and recklessness on the part of its personnel under his watch.
He appealed to Nigerians to continue to cooperate with the police leadership “as it strives to reposition the NPF into an effective, efficient and people-friendly force”.
A viral clip of the assault showed two policemen flogging a woman standing beside their van for more than 20 seconds before some men and a third policeman stepped in to halt the assault
- Buhari should change service chiefs and consider new strategies to tackle insecurity – Wike
- Nigeria’s inflation rises to 15.75%, highest since 2017
- Lagos State Government to close Apapa Dock for railway project
- Kaduna State government rescues 160 Almajiri children
- Bauchi State government to rehabilitate Tafawa Balewa’s tomb
- University of Ibadan announces resumption, says first semester of 2020/2021 will hold virtually
- Buhari’s pigeons refused to fly at armed forces remembrance celebration
- Inflation rate hits 15.75% in December– highest in 39 months
- Cheta Nwanze: Remembrance day, the Nigerian Army has a murderous reputation
- Breaking: Former Bauchi lawmaker kidnapped