Estimated Reading Time: 1
Two policemen have been arrested for attacking and brutalising a woman at the Odo Ori Market in Iwo, Osun State.
The men were arrested after a video of the assault went viral and was condemned by Nigerians and was brought to the attention of the Inspector-General of Police, Muhammed Adamu.
The Nigeria Police Force via their official Twitter account, said the IGP condemned the “unwarranted, unnecessary and unjustifiable assault” on an innocent citizen.
Based on the directive of the police chief, the Commissioner of Police in charge of Osun State Command where the incident occurred had both policemen – identified as Inspector Ikuesan Taiwo and PC Abass Ibrahim – arrested.
Once again, the IGP warned that the police will not condone any act of misconduct and recklessness on the part of its personnel under his watch.
He appealed to Nigerians to continue to cooperate with the police leadership “as it strives to reposition the NPF into an effective, efficient and people-friendly force”.
A viral clip of the assault showed two policemen flogging a woman standing beside their van for more than 20 seconds before some men and a third policeman stepped in to halt the assault
- INTERVIEW: I am excited people looked beyond the lip gloss to enjoy my content – Enioluwa Adeoluwa, 21-year-old Nigeria’s front-line Influencer
- Nigerian tribes want Yahaya Bello to contest 2023 presidential election
- Just In: Resident doctors suspend strike
- Hoodlums disrupt PDP North-West zonal congress
- Senate President Ahmed Lawan says Nigeria can never become a failed state
- Federal Government signs new MoU with striking doctors
- Veteran Nollywood Actor, Bruno Iwuoha Dies At 68
- Just In: Terrorists kill 8 miners in Plateau
- Denied By The System: Nigerian students lose scholarships as Universities delay transcripts
- Lagos City Marathon: Kenyan Emmanuel Naibei and Ethiopian Meseret Dinke emerge champions