Estimated Reading Time: 1
Gov. Oluwarotimi Akeredolu of Ondo State has paid two out of the seven months salary arrears owed political office holders in the Olusegun Mimiko administration.
Mr Ojo Oyewamide, Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Media and Publicity, who disclosed this in Akure, said Akeredolu had always believed that ” a worker deserves his wages.”
“Today, two months of the seven months salary arrears owed political office holders by the immediate past administration were paid.
“It is line with the belief of Akeredolu that the worker deserves his wages.
“This is even as the governor’s commitment to the welfare of all workers in the public service remains unwavering.
“All other outstanding financial commitments of government shall be prioritised and met in line with available resources,” he said
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami