Estimated Reading Time: 1
Gov. Oluwarotimi Akeredolu of Ondo State has paid two out of the seven months salary arrears owed political office holders in the Olusegun Mimiko administration.
Mr Ojo Oyewamide, Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Media and Publicity, who disclosed this in Akure, said Akeredolu had always believed that ” a worker deserves his wages.”
“Today, two months of the seven months salary arrears owed political office holders by the immediate past administration were paid.
“It is line with the belief of Akeredolu that the worker deserves his wages.
“This is even as the governor’s commitment to the welfare of all workers in the public service remains unwavering.
“All other outstanding financial commitments of government shall be prioritised and met in line with available resources,” he said
- WHO to resume chloroquine coronavirus clinical trials
- APC generated N135m from sale of forms to 6 Governorship aspirants
- FG approves reimbursement of funds expended by States in fixing Federal roads
- Court reinstates five Kano lawmakers suspended for backing dethroned Emir Sanusi
- Lawmakers to amend Labour Act to strengthen NLC
- INEC must provide face masks for voters in Edo and Ondo – Falana
- Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki arrives APC National Secretariat
- Just In: Gunmen invaded Kaduna community, killing villagers in Kajuru Local Govt
- Toyin Ojora Saraki: Let me be clear, we are failing women and girls
- Borno Governor suspends all staff of General Hospital for negligence