Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Federal Capital Territory Internal Revenue Service (FCT-IRS) has extended the deadline for submission of 2019 individual Filing of Income Tax Returns from March 31 to June 30.
The FCT-IRS announced in a statement signed by the Executive Chairman of the service, Mr Abdullahi Attah, that the extension was due to the COVID-19 pandemic which had paralysed business activities and some government establishments in the territory.
Attah said that because of the coronavirus outbreak, both Federal Government and FCT Administration had given directives to partially close public places to contain the spread of the virus in the country.
“The FCT-IRS hereby informs general public, especially the residents of FCT, that the due date for the deadline of filing the 2019 income tax returns is now June 30
“For more information and clarification, our tax payers should endevour to contact FCT-IRS offices or reach us by our email address like ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ he said.
Taxpayers are by law required to file a tax return within 90 days after the end of the financial year
- Of Oil wealth, Niger Delta Politicians & the Nigerian state
- COVID-19: WHO Suspends Hydrochloroquine Treatment Trials On Safety Concerns
- COVID-19: Anambra, Delta To Check Movement On Niger Bridge
- MURIC wants Northern governors sanctioned for flouting COVID-19 directives to pray at home during Eid al-fitr
- Nigeria’s Gross Domestic Product grew by 1.87% in Q1 – NBS
- Buhari says no development can be achieved without peace
- 229 more people test positive to COVID-19 in Nigeria, infection exceeds 8000
- Bandits displace over 600, mostly women and children in Katsina, Buhari’s home state
- Late Abba Kyari “fingered” in the ‘face-off’ between Abike Dabiri-Erewa and Minister Pantami -Read this Letter
- Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajiri System May Go To Jail – El-Rufai