Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Federal Capital Territory Internal Revenue Service (FCT-IRS) has extended the deadline for submission of 2019 individual Filing of Income Tax Returns from March 31 to June 30.
The FCT-IRS announced in a statement signed by the Executive Chairman of the service, Mr Abdullahi Attah, that the extension was due to the COVID-19 pandemic which had paralysed business activities and some government establishments in the territory.
Attah said that because of the coronavirus outbreak, both Federal Government and FCT Administration had given directives to partially close public places to contain the spread of the virus in the country.
“The FCT-IRS hereby informs general public, especially the residents of FCT, that the due date for the deadline of filing the 2019 income tax returns is now June 30
“For more information and clarification, our tax payers should endevour to contact FCT-IRS offices or reach us by our email address like ‘email@example.com’ he said.
Taxpayers are by law required to file a tax return within 90 days after the end of the financial year
- Kwara cancels pension to ex-governors signed by Saraki in 2011
- Centre for Liberty demands immediate restoration of access to People‘s Gazette website
- Court orders forfeiture of millions found in Ex-Zamfara State account
- Primary school teachers in Bayelsa threaten strike
- Nollywood actor, Ernest Asuzu has died
- State Capture: Nigeria’s political parties and their associates are malicious – Cheta Nwanze
- Nigeria earned N1.53Trillion from VAT In 2020 – NBS report
- Breaking: Nigerian telecommunication networks block access to Peoples Gazette Website
- Femi Adesina says Buhari felt it was the best time to rejig the security system in the country
- In Bauchi, Hisbah ‘Police’ arrests ‘Organizers’ of sex party