Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Federal Government has approved a total of 7,000 metric tonnes of grains for distribution to the poor and vulnerable amidst the lockdown directive by President Muhammadu Buhari.
The Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Boss Mustapha, announced this at a national briefing held on Wednesday, in Abuja.
The first tranche will go to the frontline states of the lockdown which includes Lagos, Ogun and Abuja.
He added that President Buhari has also approved limited exemptions for companies in the upstream sector to ensure steady gas supply for electricity.
The SGF while giving an update on developments and actions taken by the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19 said bottlenecks will be eliminated following the development of an implementation guide which will subsequently be circulated widely.
- Edo people “left us a legacy of efficiency,” – Father Kukah of Sokoto Diocese speaks of Guber polls
- Oshiomole and Tinubu constitute a threat to our democracy – Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki
- Leaving leadership in the music business was like therapy – M.I Abaga
- COVID-19 protocols: NCAA threatens to revoke license of some airlines
- Osinbajo engages APC Social Media Influencers on hate speech
- Suspected armed robber killed and burned by angry mob in Calabar (Graphic)
- Just In: A Nigerian Army colonel has been killed in a Boko Haram ambush
- Olu Onemola: APC vs. PDP – Was Edo State a Sign or a Fluke?
- 2,500 sacked Cross River State workers protest, demand reinstatement
- COVID-19: Church distribute palliatives worth millions to members in Calabar