Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Chairman of the Victims Support Fund, Gen TY Danjuma RTD has inaugurated the VSF Task Force; with a mission to provide palliative measures to Internally Displaced Persons and other vulnerable groups around the country, as part of its contribution to national efforts to fight COVID-19.
The Taskforce will provide 1 Billion Naira worth of medical supplies, food, water and non-food items for IDPs and others who will face special challenges at this difficult time.
The task force shall also work closely with all Federal and State government organs and agencies tasked with the responsibility for providing direction and leadership in the fight against COVID-19, including the Presidential Task Force on Covid-19 and all relevant MDAs.
The Task Force will also extend support to other frontline organizations working to curtail the spread of the novel Corona Virus.
In a press statement to NewsWireNGR; Gen. Danjuma said that the intervention had become necessary in view of the global devastation of the Corona Virus pandemic and the huge human challenges it poses for the country.
He added that, as a country, we must all do what we can to ensure that the spread is curtailed. He also urged the committee to embark on massive sensitization campaigns amongst vulnerable groups to inform and educate them on the best hygiene and sanitation practices in order to prevent the further spread of the disease.
- Kwara cancels pension to ex-governors signed by Saraki in 2011
- Centre for Liberty demands immediate restoration of access to People‘s Gazette website
- Court orders forfeiture of millions found in Ex-Zamfara State account
- Primary school teachers in Bayelsa threaten strike
- Nollywood actor, Ernest Asuzu has died
- State Capture: Nigeria’s political parties and their associates are malicious – Cheta Nwanze
- Nigeria earned N1.53Trillion from VAT In 2020 – NBS report
- Breaking: Nigerian telecommunication networks block access to Peoples Gazette Website
- Femi Adesina says Buhari felt it was the best time to rejig the security system in the country
- In Bauchi, Hisbah ‘Police’ arrests ‘Organizers’ of sex party