Estimated Reading Time: 1
Concerned Nigerians, a Pro democracy group has commended Major-General Olusegun Adeniyi for his sheer bravery and that of his men in the fight against Boko Haram insurgents.
Major General Olusegun Adeniyi had appeared in a video published by an online newspaper, Sahara Reporters in which he explicitly explained how he led his troops to repel a major Boko Haram onslaught.
The group in a press statement made available to newsmen says; “Rather than redeploying and vilifying Mr. Adeniyi for telling an obvious truth about the true situation in the North-East, the Army authorities should do everything they can to address all the sundry issues he raised in the video”.
“We are greatly impressed with Major-General Adeniyi and his men for their unwavering patriotism, steadfastness and gallantry fight against these enemies of humanity. We want to assure Major-General Adeniyi that Nigerian people look up to him and the boys, their devotion to duty, integrity and their sense of honor and commitment to each other in the fight against Boko Haram is well appreciated and noted”.
“All of us at Concerned Nigerians are grateful to Major-General Adeniyi for his gracious service, but more importantly for his outstanding leadership in leading the troops to battle even with limited resources and manpower.”
The convener of the group, Comrade Deji Adeyanju while lamenting over the poor welfare of the troops at the front line, enjoins the military authority and the government to invest more in strategic innovation for the long-term and a strong force for the future”.
Adeyanju also called for a thorough investigation into the death of several troops in the North-East and the alleged maltreatment and poor welfare of the personnel fighting to keep the rest of Nigerians safe.
- Almajirai Repatriated To Kaduna Will Get Free Education – Kaduna Governor
- Nigerian farmers likely to go out of business due to COVID-19 Pandemic
- Odion Ighalo’s dream of making his stay with Manchester United may not materialize – here’s why
- NAFDAC to continue hydroxychloroquine clinical trials for treatment of COVID-19 in Nigeria despite suspension
- Of Oil wealth, Niger Delta Politicians & the Nigerian state
- COVID-19: WHO Suspends Hydrochloroquine Treatment Trials On Safety Concerns
- COVID-19: Anambra, Delta To Check Movement On Niger Bridge
- MURIC wants Northern governors sanctioned for flouting COVID-19 directives to pray at home during Eid al-fitr
- Nigeria’s Gross Domestic Product grew by 1.87% in Q1 – NBS
- Buhari says no development can be achieved without peace