Estimated Reading Time: 1
Anambra State Governor; Willie Obiano has asked the Federal Government for the sum of N1bn to secure his state against COVID-19.
The Governor said Anambra had opened a special account for donations towards preventing coronavirus from spreading into the state, which currently has no record of the disease.
In a statement by the Commissioner for Information and Public Enlightenment, C-Don Adinuba, the governor urged the Federal Government to avail the state N1bn to help it to sustain the zero record because of the strategic nature of Anambra State people in commerce and industry.
The statement read in part, “Governor Obiano, therefore, considers it imperative that the Federal Government provides at least N1bn to Anambra, which is at risk in view of the multitude of people in its numerous markets and the peripatetic nature of the people who have been helping in the rapid development of all parts of Nigeria.
“Besides, we have as many as 63 major markets in the state, including the Onitsha main market, which is the largest market in West Africa.
- Of Oil wealth, Niger Delta Politicians & the Nigerian state
- COVID-19: WHO Suspends Hydrochloroquine Treatment Trials On Safety Concerns
- COVID-19: Anambra, Delta To Check Movement On Niger Bridge
- MURIC wants Northern governors sanctioned for flouting COVID-19 directives to pray at home during Eid al-fitr
- Nigeria’s Gross Domestic Product grew by 1.87% in Q1 – NBS
- Buhari says no development can be achieved without peace
- 229 more people test positive to COVID-19 in Nigeria, infection exceeds 8000
- Bandits displace over 600, mostly women and children in Katsina, Buhari’s home state
- Late Abba Kyari “fingered” in the ‘face-off’ between Abike Dabiri-Erewa and Minister Pantami -Read this Letter
- Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajiri System May Go To Jail – El-Rufai