Estimated Reading Time: 1
Anambra State Governor; Willie Obiano has asked the Federal Government for the sum of N1bn to secure his state against COVID-19.
The Governor said Anambra had opened a special account for donations towards preventing coronavirus from spreading into the state, which currently has no record of the disease.
In a statement by the Commissioner for Information and Public Enlightenment, C-Don Adinuba, the governor urged the Federal Government to avail the state N1bn to help it to sustain the zero record because of the strategic nature of Anambra State people in commerce and industry.
The statement read in part, “Governor Obiano, therefore, considers it imperative that the Federal Government provides at least N1bn to Anambra, which is at risk in view of the multitude of people in its numerous markets and the peripatetic nature of the people who have been helping in the rapid development of all parts of Nigeria.
“Besides, we have as many as 63 major markets in the state, including the Onitsha main market, which is the largest market in West Africa.
- Nigerian broadcasting regulator warns media against reporting #EndSARS and that is why you can’t watch #GenocideAtLekkiTollGate but you should read this
- Lekki massacre: Who gave the order? #EndSARS
- Breaking: Armed security officials fire live bullets at thousands of #EndSARS protesters at Lekki toll gate in Lagos
- Flight operations at the Murtala Mohammed Airport suspended
- Nigerian senate asks Buhari to Immediately address citizens #EndSARS
- Breaking: IGP deploys anti-riot policemen nationwide
- Just In: All Progressives Congress leader wants court to shutdown twitter in Nigeria
- Tension as hoodlums set ablaze another police station in Lagos State
- Speaker Gbajabiamila says he will not sign the 2021 Appropriation Bill until … #EndSARS
- Breaking: Lagos Government declares curfew over #EndSARS protests