Estimated Reading Time: 1
The All Progressives Congress (APC) regrets the inconveniences caused by the current coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak, particularly in Nigeria.
While the Inconveniences caused by the social distancing measures and flight/ travel restrictions to our citizens is regrettable, it is necessary to contain the spread of the coronavirus.
We thank our health workers and caregivers nationwide for the good work they are doing and their relentless commitment to the common good, inspite of the inherent health risk to them.
The Party commends President Muhammadu Buhari’s approval of the special intervention grants to Lagos State and the Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NCDC) to enable them increase their capacity to control and contain the outbreak, while also supporting other States with capacity building.
As government continues to seek out and implement initiatives that would bring succour to Nigerians in this trying time, the Party thanks our international friends and partners for their show of support and goodwill. We also thank the many wealthy Nigerians and organizations that have supported – in cash, logistics and medical supplies – the fight against the coronavirus pandemic.
We all have collective and individual roles to play to get out of this global pandemic. We must pull together as one. We must continue to obey official public health guidelines and instructions and generally stay safe. Surely, we will soon be out of this global crisis.
SIGNED:Mallam Lanre Issa-Onilu
National Publicity Secretary All Progressives Congress (APC)
- Nigeria’s Elnathan John, others to judge Kalahari short story competition open to writers in Swahili, French and English
- President Buhari reconstitutes NNPC board
- We have worked hard for our COVID-19 free status- Cross River Govt
- Nigeria has failed to bring justice for mass atrocities committed during the Biafran war
- Six Airforce personnel jailed over Alex Badeh’s killing
- Former GMD of NNPC, Maikanti Baru is dead
- Obiano signs COVID-19 Prevention Bill into law
- APC accuses Bauchi Governor of starving state assembly of funds
- NCDC receives 50,000 medical face masks from Taiwan
- Nigeria confirms 387 new Coronavirus cases, totalling 9,302