Estimated Reading Time: 1
Orthohantavirus popularly referred to as Hantavirus, has emerged from China, another deadly Virus.
The virus has already killed a man from Yunnan Province – this new virus emerges while the world is still battling with Coronavirus.
The dead man was on a chartered bus to Shandong Province for work on Monday when he fell and died, Global Times reported.
He was tested positive for Hantavirus. Other 32 people on the bus were tested also.
Hantavirus is spread mainly by rodents.Unlike Coronavirus, the cases of human-to-human transmission of Hantavirus are rare.
Humans may become infected with Hantavirus if they come in contact with rodent urine, saliva, or faeces.
Early symptoms of the virus include fatigue, fever, and muscle aches, along with headache, dizziness, chills and abdominal problems.
If left untreated, it can lead to coughing and shortness of breath and finally death.
More than 377,000 people have been infected by Coronavirus across the world and 16,500 have died from it.
Countries are being placed on lockdown to prevent further spread of the COVID-19.
- CCTV was dismantled to cover the massacre of young peaceful, #EndSARS protesters by the military
- #EndSARS: NECO reschedules SSCE papers again
- Lekki Toll Gate Killings: Yemi Osinbajo speak on shootings
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: The Nigerian state has turned on its people #EndSARS
- IGP orders withdrawal of policemen attached to VIPs across Nigeria
- Protesters set APC secretariat ablaze, attack Chairman’s House
- Olusegun Obasanjo wants Buhari to restrain the military from killing #EndSARS protesters
- Prof Wole Soyinka says Buhari acted in an “authoritarian manner” by deploying soldiers on #EndSARS protesters
- Nigerian civil society situation Room “alarmed by the brutal, despicable killing of #EndSARS protesters”
- Just In: European Union wants justice for #EndSars protesters killed