Estimated Reading Time: 1
Orthohantavirus popularly referred to as Hantavirus, has emerged from China, another deadly Virus.
The virus has already killed a man from Yunnan Province – this new virus emerges while the world is still battling with Coronavirus.
The dead man was on a chartered bus to Shandong Province for work on Monday when he fell and died, Global Times reported.
He was tested positive for Hantavirus. Other 32 people on the bus were tested also.
Hantavirus is spread mainly by rodents.Unlike Coronavirus, the cases of human-to-human transmission of Hantavirus are rare.
Humans may become infected with Hantavirus if they come in contact with rodent urine, saliva, or faeces.
Early symptoms of the virus include fatigue, fever, and muscle aches, along with headache, dizziness, chills and abdominal problems.
If left untreated, it can lead to coughing and shortness of breath and finally death.
More than 377,000 people have been infected by Coronavirus across the world and 16,500 have died from it.
Countries are being placed on lockdown to prevent further spread of the COVID-19.
- Nigeria Medical Association denies ties with criminal bandits of Zamfara
- Peru’s former president, Martin Vizcarra, banned from holding public office
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52
- German govt ignores Nigeria, picks Ghana to establish West African center for global health
- Cheta Nwanze: Security, civic space and the media
- DSS claims to have uncovered plans by IPOB to Bomb banks in South-East
- ‘Bandits are threatening to marry our girls’ Parents of abducted Kaduna students cry out
- Local Government workers block convoy of Nasarawa Deputy Governor
- Adaora Okoye: Unravelling myths surrounding women in leadership in Nigeria