Estimated Reading Time: 1
Cristiano Ronaldo is remaining in quarantine in his Madeira home after Juventus team-mate Daniele Rugani tested positive for coronavirus.
The Portuguese star flew to his homeland to visit his mother, who recently suffered a stroke, before the news broke and must stay back rather than fly back to northern Italy where the outbreak is at its most rampant.
Ronaldo and Rugani shared a dressing room on Sunday when Juventus beat Inter Milan 2-0 behind closed doors. A picture posted on Instagram by Miralem Pjanic after the game shows Ronaldo and Rugani celebrating the victory in a close huddle with their team-mates.
Everyone who came into contact with Rugani on both sides has now required to be in isolation.
All sporting events in Italy have been cancelled until at least April 3 but Juventus are scheduled to face Lyon in the Champions League next Tuesday.
- New details emerge on the arrest of Abia lawyer allegedly detained by DSS without trial
- 100 pilots at Bristow helicopters have been fired
- Federal government develops national policy on virtual meetings
- Insecurity: President Buhari directs security operatives to re-strategise
- Nigerian Govt increase the fine for hate speech from N500,000 to 5 million naira
- “We want a free and fair election” – Governor Wike wants INEC to be apolitical in Edo State
- Breaking: Kwara deputy governor and wife test positive for COVID-19
- Buhari orders Niger Delta Development Commission to pay its scholarship beneficiaries studying abroad
- Hamzat Lawal listed as a Global Malala Fund Education Champion
- Former AGF, Mohammed Adoke pleads not guilty to money laundering charges