Estimated Reading Time: <1
Tedros Ghebreyesus, director-general of the World Health Organisation (WHO), has commended the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) on how it is managing coronavirus in the country.
On his Twitter handle on Saturday, Ghebreyesus wrote that Nigeria was swift and transparent in sharing the sequence of the infection code-named COVID-19.
“This a true act of solidarity and an important step in stopping the #coronavirus from spreading further.”
Director General, Nigeria Centre for Disease Control @NCDCgov responded and acknowledged.
- Breaking: Nigerian telecommunication networks block access to Peoples Gazette Website
- Femi Adesina says Buhari felt it was the best time to rejig the security system in the country
- In Bauchi, Hisbah ‘Police’ arrests ‘Organizers’ of sex party
- Cross River Government renews commitment to eliminate malaria
- Herdsmen destroyed maize farm worth over N6.6Million – Ekiti farmers
- Opinion: Buhari’s new service Chiefs are new spokes in an old wheel
- COVID-19: Analysts say Nigeria lost N11.6 Trillion to pandemic
- The new Service Chiefs should not politicise security by aligning with politicians – says Governor Wike
- A female police officer in Ekiti has been sacked for getting pregnant while unmarried
- CBN to restructure commodity exchange, retains interest rate at 11.5%