Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Assemblies of God Church has suspended its General Superintendent, Rev Chidi Okoroafor, over certain allegations levelled against him.
A member of the church who spoke to Punch Correspondent condition of anonymity said the church’s General Committee met on Friday to submit the report of the investigation of the allegations against Okoroafor.
The source said the General Committee comprised superintendents and three presbyters.
“The General Committee sat yesterday (Friday) and looked at the issues and suspended him for a year,” the source said.
The source added that Okoroafor would not hold any position during the period of suspension and would act as an ordinary member until “they see repentance in him.”
Headquartered in Opkoto, Ebonyi State, the Assemblies of God Church is a Pentecostal Christian denomination affiliated with the World Assemblies of God Fellowship in the United States.
As of 2019, the church is said to have over 16,000 churches and 3.6 million members.
- ‘Kaduna Government has no choice but to reduce the size of the public service’ – El Rufai
- DPR revokes 32 private refinery licences
- Father, son killed as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Buhari welcomes Ramadan, urges Nigerians to reject divisive voices
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde