Estimated Reading Time: 2
The All Progressives Congress, APC members loyal to Governor Obaseki were jubilating over the court ruling barring National Chairman Adams Oshiomhole from parading himself as chairman of APC.
Obaseki who has had a face-off with Oshiomhole, on Wednesday in Benin City, hailed the ruling of the court and said it was a right decision for the party.
The governor while addressing party members during the Edo South Senatorial rally of the APC in Benin City, said: “When we planned this meeting last week to meet with all our executives, we did not know that God has a plan for us today.
“No man is God. God is God. No man can play God. With what God has done today, what we should do now is to just thank Him.
“The meaning of what happened today is that peace has now finally come to our party. The purpose of God for Nigeria in our party will now be fulfilled.
“My problem with Oshiomhole is that when people started saying that they were Edo Peoples Movement, EPM, I called him and urged him to denounce them.
“I told him (Oshiomhole) to come out and say something. I told him, denounce them, you are the National Chairman, disassociate yourself from these people who are destroying our party. Up till today, he did not denounce them.
“But the court has taken the right decision today. It does not make me a happy person because it would not have come to this. So, my message today is when a child put his hands in faeces, you do not cut off that hand, you take that hand and wash it.
“And for our members who have been misled, we cannot practice our democracy the way it was in 1983. “Our goal is that before the end of June this year, we must have not less than 500,000 card-carrying members of APC. “It will be a shame for any leader of our party if we cannot boast of 100 members per unit. And if you do win members for us, you will see what we will do as a party.”
- Senate queries CBN over ‘missing’ $3.3 billion
- Nassarawa to get N8.1bn for the construction of multipurpose dam from FG
- Nigerian Airforce records first all-female crew on operational ISR mission
- Civil Society groups in Nigeria call for a state of emergency on SGBV in Nigeria.
- Lagos State Government to reverse Land Use Charge
- Female bodies and the illusion of safe spaces in Nigeria
- COVID-19 Update: Nigeria records 348 new cases, total infections exceed 11,000
- TechHerNG begins the re-launching Africa ‘emphasising tech, prioritising progression’ series
- WHO to resume chloroquine coronavirus clinical trials
- APC generated N135m from sale of forms to 6 Governorship aspirants