Estimated Reading Time: 2
The All Progressives Congress, APC members loyal to Governor Obaseki were jubilating over the court ruling barring National Chairman Adams Oshiomhole from parading himself as chairman of APC.
Obaseki who has had a face-off with Oshiomhole, on Wednesday in Benin City, hailed the ruling of the court and said it was a right decision for the party.
The governor while addressing party members during the Edo South Senatorial rally of the APC in Benin City, said: “When we planned this meeting last week to meet with all our executives, we did not know that God has a plan for us today.
“No man is God. God is God. No man can play God. With what God has done today, what we should do now is to just thank Him.
“The meaning of what happened today is that peace has now finally come to our party. The purpose of God for Nigeria in our party will now be fulfilled.
“My problem with Oshiomhole is that when people started saying that they were Edo Peoples Movement, EPM, I called him and urged him to denounce them.
“I told him (Oshiomhole) to come out and say something. I told him, denounce them, you are the National Chairman, disassociate yourself from these people who are destroying our party. Up till today, he did not denounce them.
“But the court has taken the right decision today. It does not make me a happy person because it would not have come to this. So, my message today is when a child put his hands in faeces, you do not cut off that hand, you take that hand and wash it.
“And for our members who have been misled, we cannot practice our democracy the way it was in 1983. “Our goal is that before the end of June this year, we must have not less than 500,000 card-carrying members of APC. “It will be a shame for any leader of our party if we cannot boast of 100 members per unit. And if you do win members for us, you will see what we will do as a party.”
- Sell petrol at old rate until PPPRA gives directive, IPMAN tells members
- #Revolutionow protesters in Osun may be locked up for 14 days as DSS obtains detention order
- Governor Seyi Makinde approves N59.7 Million for Amotekun
- Nigeria, along with other ILO Member countries, ratify convention on child labour
- Health workers in Bauchi to begin strike on Thursday
- Association of aircraft pilots and engineers threaten to shut down all airlines over sacked pilots
- Arrested #RevolutionNow protesters released; they violated COVID-19 protocols says FCTA
- Edo Elections: Deputy governor accuses Oshiomhole of N80 million bribe to lawmakers
- Edo State Deputy Speaker impeached
- Kaduna state government is not aware of any land grabbing incidents says Governor El-Rufai