Estimated Reading Time: 1
At least 30 people have been killed while several others injured as gunmen suspected to be bandits attacked some villages in Igabi and Giwa local government areas of Kaduna State.
The affected villages are Kerawa, Rago, Marina, Zariyawa, Hashimawa, Gidan Musa Saidu, and Unguwar Barau.
Although the police authorities and Kaduna state government are yet to confirm the attack, an indigene of Giwa local government told Channels Television that Troops of the Nigerian Army and Air Force launched offensive attacks against the bandits and in the process, killed many of them.
Sources also said that the bandits launched the attacks in what seems like revenge against the villagers who they accused of providing information to security agencies which resulted in the killing of their members.
As at the time of filing this report, the military is still carrying out offensive attacks on camps occupied by the bandits inside the thick forests within Giwa, Birnin Gwari and Igabi local government areas.
- Third Mainland Bridge phase one rehabilitation ready in October
- Just In: FG makes u-turn apologises for asking all bank, other account holders to re-register
- A soldier fighting Boko Haram insurgents in the north-east has reportedly killed himself
- Nigerian Government orders all bank account Holders to fill ‘self-certification’ Form – threatens to shut non-compliant accounts
- COVID-19 test: FG to suspend passports of errant travellers for six months
- After US, UK also threatens sanctions against violence sponsors in Edo, Ondo Polls
- FAAC share N682 Billion August revenue to FG, States and LGs
- Kogi State governor, Yahaya Bello, accuse US Govt of playing partisan politics- Protest against visa ban
- Nigeria@60 Logo Not Plagarised – Media Agencies
- Opinion: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu…and Edo 2020