Estimated Reading Time: 1
At least 30 people have been killed while several others injured as gunmen suspected to be bandits attacked some villages in Igabi and Giwa local government areas of Kaduna State.
The affected villages are Kerawa, Rago, Marina, Zariyawa, Hashimawa, Gidan Musa Saidu, and Unguwar Barau.
Although the police authorities and Kaduna state government are yet to confirm the attack, an indigene of Giwa local government told Channels Television that Troops of the Nigerian Army and Air Force launched offensive attacks against the bandits and in the process, killed many of them.
Sources also said that the bandits launched the attacks in what seems like revenge against the villagers who they accused of providing information to security agencies which resulted in the killing of their members.
As at the time of filing this report, the military is still carrying out offensive attacks on camps occupied by the bandits inside the thick forests within Giwa, Birnin Gwari and Igabi local government areas.
- Northern Group slam Buhari over Insecurity in the North
- Ondo State Deputy Speaker has been removed
- #EndSARS: Senate asks FG to use 1% of VAT to repair properties damaged by hoodlums
- Gombe House Of Assembly Speaker, Deputy Speaker impeached
- Buhari writes Senate, seeks Yakubu’s confirmation as INEC Chairman
- Federal High Court commence trial of Abdulrasheed Maina, in his absence
- Fashola says Nigeria needs N500Billion annually to develop road infrastructure
- There is nothing ’embarrassing’ in Nigeria importing fuel from Niger – Minister
- 2023: Governor Umahi says he has no plans for presidential bid
- Soldiers brutalise man in Asaba, tell him to ‘go and die’ in viral video