Estimated Reading Time: <1
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the retirement of Winifred Oyo-Ita as head of service, saying his action is “without prejudice to the on-going investigations into the allegations against her”.
Boss Mustapha, secretary of the government to the federation (SGF), disclosed this in a statement issued by Olusegun Adekunle, permanent secretary (general services), on Friday.
There were allegations of a N3 billion contract scam levelled against her but she denied it vehemently. A court had ordered the permanent forfeiture of funds allegedly linked to her.
Oyo-Ita tendered her resignation following pressure from her family members but the president had rejected her resignation at the time.
In the statement, the SGF said Folasade Yemi-Esan, who has been acting head of service, has been appointed in substantive capacity.
“In approving the retirement, President Muhammadu Buhari affirmed that it would be without prejudice to the on-going investigations into certain allegations against the immediate past head of the civil Service of the federation,” he said.
“He thanked her for the invaluable services to the nation and wished her well in all future endeavors. In a related development, President Muhammadu Buhari in exercise of the powers vested in him by Section 171 (2) (b); and in compliance with Sub-Sections (3) and (5) of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended) has approved the appointment of Dr. (Mrs.) Folasade O. Yemi-Esan as the substantive head of the Civil Service of the Federation with effect from Friday, 28th February, 2020.
“Until her new appointment, she was the acting head of the civil service of the federation, a position she assumed since.”
- Just in: Osinbajo tells CBN to regulate, not ban cryptocurrency
- Police in Rivers State dissolve the ‘Eagle Crack Squad’ unit of the force
- Jangebe Abductions: The terrorists attacked the soldiers in the community before they entered the school- Teacher reveals
- Muslims in Kwara public schools can now wear Hijabs – Kwara State government
- UPDATE: We don’t know the number of schoolgirls kidnapped – Zamfara Government
- Nurses and Midwives in Ondo plan strike
- Breaking: Terrorists abduct 300 schoolgirls in Zamfara
- SSANU suspends 3 weeks strike
- Twitter announces feature that lets you charge for tweets
- Victor Ejechi: Agricultural Production and the Development of the Nigerian Economy