Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Centre for Disease Control in the United States has warned that facial hair can interfere with face masks and respirators, which are being used around the world in an effort to combat the global spread of coronavirus, a.k.a 2019-nCoV.
The CDC has come up with an infographic, which displays assorted styles of beards, and showing the ones that are compatible with masks and respirators.
CNN reports that Health officials said some types of facial hair can keep the exhalation valve from working properly.
Styles such as side whiskers, handlebar mustaches, and several others are okay, but styles such as mutton chops and full beards are not recommended.
Things like goatees and villain mustache are okay, with caution.
The main idea is that the hair should not cross the respirator sealing surface.
- Lagos govt says negotiations are ongoing with manufacturers to make COVID-19 vaccines available
- “Scammers bent on defrauding job seekers” -EFCC raise alert
- Just In: Nigeria orders immediate closure of enrollment activities at NIMC Headquarters
- Nigerian Military decimate Boko Haram camp in Borno
- Borno state Governor says south-easterners should negotiate for power rather than expect others to leave it for them
- Islamic State terrorists raid Nigeria’s military base in Marte, Borno
- ..had gone to the pharmacy to buy medicine …..How Gunmen abduct Imo State University lecturer
- Lagos Government releases work-from-home directive; Grade 14 & below to resume Feb 1
- Yoweri Museveni of Uganda wins 6th term re-election
- Rovers of Calabar to square up against 3SC in NNL season opening match