Estimated Reading Time: <1
A Federal High Court in Abuja has sentenced former spokesman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Olisa Metuh to seven years imprisonment concurrently on seven count charges.
Delivering judgment in the charges of money laundering against Metuh, Justice Okon Abang ordered Metuh to pay the sum of N366m to the federal government.
The judge ordered Metuh’s company, Destra Investment Ltd should pay fine of N25m and three years imprisonment and ordered the company to be wound up.
“From the facts placed before me and I have reviewed, convict planted thorns and cannot expect to gather flowers,” he said.
The judge said he was subjected to all kinds of humiliation and attacks by lawyers and the media throughout the four years of the trial.
He said Metuh was too proud and refused to settle the case with EFCC even when confronted with the N50m he transfered to his wife, which ought to have made him sober and remorseful.
Justice Abang had earlier convicted Metuh and his company, Destra Investment Ltd on the seven-count charges filed by the EFCC against him over the receipt of N400m from former NSA, retired Col. Sambo Dasuki.
- No one has the right to expel any Nigerian from any part of the country – Arewa group dare Ondo Governor
- Just In: “We want justice for Seriki Fulani” – Miyetti Allah calls for Sunday Igboho’s arrest
- Afenifere wants ACF to “call their criminals to order” – warn that Yoruba would not want a repeat of the incident of 1966
- Miyetti Allah Cattle breeders association say kidnapping is a National problem
- Arewa Consultative Forum wants govt to act swiftly and stop the attacks on Fulani communities in the south west
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Buhari, now is time to speak to the Fulani youths
- Abia Governor dissolves state executive council
- Ignoring Governor Ayade’s instructions, CRUTECH insists on ‘no fee, no exams’
- American Legendary Talk-Show host; Larry King has died of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Kano Governor says closing down schools will be a ‘tragedy’