Estimated Reading Time: <1
At least three persons have been confirmed killed in Sagamu, Ogun State, as angry young men and women took to the streets to protest the killing of a footballer named Tiyamiyu Kazeem by operatives of Special Anti-Robbery Squad.
Saharareporters reports that Kazeem was said to have been pushed from a SARS van on motion and onto a speeding car that eventually killed him on Saturday after officers of the agency wrongly accused him of being an Internet fraudster (Yahoo boy).
Angered by the situation, youths marched round Sagamu on Monday and even took on police personnel within sight to register their frustration.
In the process, three persons were hit by live bullets fired by policemen to disperse the crowd.
In retaliation, the young men and women pelted the law enforcement officials with stones.
A resident of the town named Kehinde Adekoya, who spoke with our correspondent over the phone on Monday, confirmed that he had seen three bodies across various parts of Sagamu following the violence, adding that the entire place was “boiling”.
He said, “I can tell you that at least three persons have been killed, I saw their bodies with my eyes. The entire place is boiling now. We don’t want SARS anymore in Sagamu.”
- Air Commodore Gabkwet appointed Airforce spokesman
- It will cost N35Billion to provide internet services to MDAs in Nigeria – Agency
- Violence in Kwara: Governor imposes fresh curfews in Offa, Erin-Ile
- Drug lords responsible for funding terrorism in Nigeria – Senate President
- Police arrest man who stabbed wife to death
- I can count 187 times President Buhari has said he will end banditry without results – Fayose
- ‘Amotekun will be deployed to protect COVID-19 vaccines in Ogun’ says Governor Dapo Abiodun
- Shortly after the release of school girls, terrorists abduct over 60 – burn Zamfara town
- Ogun State deputy speaker impeached over thuggery allegations
- Federal Government says States that have not met the criteria for vaccine safety will not get doses