Estimated Reading Time: <1
Ebonyi State Governor, Dave Umahi, believes the South East has relatively recorded the lowest incidence of security challenges compared to other regions in the country.
He stated this on Monday when he highlighted the steps being taken by governors in the region to ensure the security of the lives and properties of people in the South East.
Umahi, who is also the Chairman of the South East Governors’ Forum, spoke during his appearance on Channels Television’s breakfast programme – Sunrise Daily.
“I tell you that relatively in the whole country, South East is still better secured than any other region, and I give kudos to our governors who work day and night to ensure that this happens,” he said.
The governor decried the general security situation in the country, including the challenges of Boko Haram insurgency, banditry, kidnapping, and cultism among others.
He, therefore, proposed state police as the way forward to tackle the problems of security in the nation.
- Over 15 million Nigerians abuse drugs – NDLEA new boss promises to end drug abuse
- Abuja resident hospitalised after IGP’s orderly fires AK-47 rifle in beer parlour
- Buba Marwa resumes office as NDLEA Chairman
- Invest in dispelling COVID-19 misinformation – Cross River Primary Healthcare DG urges FG
- Oyo PDP alleges APC is behind production of fake Amotekun uniforms
- Anambra first lady, Ebelechukwu Obiano gets moderna COVID-19 vaccine in America
- 2023: Nigerians should reward Tinubu with Presidency – House of Rep member
- Declare Dogara’s seat vacant; PDP asks court
- Buhari appoints DG for National Directorate of Employment
- Federal Government says COVID-19 tests are not required for returning students