Estimated Reading Time: <1
Fresh revelations have emerged on how Boko Haram insurgents attacked Garkida town in Gombi Local Government Area of Adamawa State for six hours on Friday night.
Punch reports that the town The town is located on the Gombi-Biu – Damaturu Road, which shares proximity with Southern Borno and Sambisa Forest.
Police barracks, churches and a house belonging to General Paul Tarfa were among several buildings torched in Adamawa State on Friday during an attack by Boko Haram terrorists.
The insurgents attacked and sacked the ancient missionary town on Friday evening, causing huge devastation.
A source from Garkida, Andrawus Tarfa, narrated how the hoodlums looted the town and set fire to major structures unhindered to Saharareporters.
He said, “They came in droves, with about 14 vans and plundered the town; they looted pharmaceutical shops and food stuff.
“They had unfettered access because a battalion of troops in the town was withdrawn sometimes back, leaving behind just a pocket of soldiers who could not repel the insurgents.
“After looting, they burnt down a police barracks, police station, two churches, Living Faith and EYN, and a shopping mall.
“People were also killed but I have no record as of now.
“They have also razed General Paul Tarfa’s resident, among other important buildings in the town.”
Spokesperson for the police in the state, Suleiman Nguroje, when contacted by our correspondent on the issue, declined comments, saying, “It is exclusively a military jurisdiction.”
- Just In: Schools across Nigeria remain closed – here’s all you need to know about the lifted restrictions
- In Nigeria, domestic flights to resume Operations from June 21
- Breaking: Religious gatherings can now resume – FG
- Edo Polls: Obaseki seeks Buhari’s intervention
- Breaking: APC governors converge in Abuja for crucial meeting on Obaseki
- Police confirms assassination of district head, APC chairman by bandits
- Breaking: Nigerian Govt reduces petrol pump price to N121.50 per litre
- Breaking: Tribunal rejects party’s request to join petition in Bayelsa governorship dispute
- Salawa Abeni’s 19 year old blackmailer has been arrested
- “Aboki” and the dangers of othering in Nigeria