Estimated Reading Time: <1
President Muhammadu Buhari has named a new acting managing director for the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC).
The president named Kemebradikumo Pondei, a professor of medicine, as the new acting managing director.
Mr Pondei replaces Joy Nunieh who was also acting in that capacity. According to a statement by his spokesperson, Femi Adesina, the president said Mr Pondei will now head a five-member Interim Management Committee (IMC) for the NDDC which has been troubled by various corruption allegations and whose accounts is currently being audited.
President Buhari ordered the audit of the NDDC’s accounts last year, saying there is not much to show for the billions of naira spent by the agency.
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the enlargement of the Interim Management Committee (IMC) of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) from three to five, Adesina’s Statement reads in parts..
The five members of the committee are now: Professor Kemebradikumo Daniel Pondei, who is the Ag. Managing Director, replacing Barrister Joy Nunieh; Dr Cairo Ojougboh, Ag. Executive Director (Projects); Mr Ibanga Bassey Etang, Ag. Executive Director (Finance and Administration); Mrs Caroline Nagbo (Member); and Cecilia Bukola Akintomide, OON, a former Vice President with African Development Bank, (Member).
Prof K.D Pondei, the new Ag. Managing Director, is a Professor of Medicine at the Niger Delta University, and former Provost, College of Health Sciences of the institution.
President Buhari had earlier approved that the Interim Management Committee would be in place till the forensic audit of the NDDC was concluded.
- Air Commodore Gabkwet appointed Airforce spokesman
- It will cost N35Billion to provide internet services to MDAs in Nigeria – Agency
- Violence in Kwara: Governor imposes fresh curfews in Offa, Erin-Ile
- Drug lords responsible for funding terrorism in Nigeria – Senate President
- Police arrest man who stabbed wife to death
- I can count 187 times President Buhari has said he will end banditry without results – Fayose
- ‘Amotekun will be deployed to protect COVID-19 vaccines in Ogun’ says Governor Dapo Abiodun
- Shortly after the release of school girls, terrorists abduct over 60 – burn Zamfara town
- Ogun State deputy speaker impeached over thuggery allegations
- Federal Government says States that have not met the criteria for vaccine safety will not get doses