Estimated Reading Time: <1
Korongilum, a community in Chibok local government area of Borno state, is currently being attacked by suspected Boko Haram insurgents.
TheCable is reporting that the insurgents came into the community around 6pm, shooting sporadically and setting many houses on fire.
“People were just returning to their houses from the farm when the insurgents came in,” the resident said.
“They came in through Forfor, and our people are running for safety as we speak.”
A military source said troops from the Nigerian Army’s 28 task force brigade and 117 battalion, both headquartered in Chibok, are already on their way to Korongilum.
“In fact, the brigade and the battalion commanders are the ones leading soldiers to the attack,” the source said.
- Over 15 million Nigerians abuse drugs – NDLEA new boss promises to end drug abuse
- Abuja resident hospitalised after IGP’s orderly fires AK-47 rifle in beer parlour
- Buba Marwa resumes office as NDLEA Chairman
- Invest in dispelling COVID-19 misinformation – Cross River Primary Healthcare DG urges FG
- Oyo PDP alleges APC is behind production of fake Amotekun uniforms
- Anambra first lady, Ebelechukwu Obiano gets moderna COVID-19 vaccine in America
- 2023: Nigerians should reward Tinubu with Presidency – House of Rep member
- Declare Dogara’s seat vacant; PDP asks court
- Buhari appoints DG for National Directorate of Employment
- Federal Government says COVID-19 tests are not required for returning students