Estimated Reading Time: <1
Laetitia Dagan, assistant director of administration at the state house, has been murdered at her Abuja residence.
The presidency confirmed her death via a statement on Tuesday.
Attah Esa, a deputy director of information at the state house, said the deceased was killed around 11pm on Monday.
The statement quoted Jalal Arabi, state house permanent secretary, as describing Dagan’s death as “a painful loss, not only to her immediate family, but also the entire State House.”
“She was a dedicated, hard-working officer, and we all feel pained by her dastardly and untimely death,” Arabi reportedly told her family during a condolence visit.
“We all share in your grief and pains, but be consoled by the fact that she lived a good life and contributed her best to the services of her nation.”
The permanent secretary also expressed confidence that the police will fish out Dagan’s killers and that “the law will take its course.”
- CCTV was dismantled to cover the massacre of young peaceful, #EndSARS protesters by the military
- #EndSARS: NECO reschedules SSCE papers again
- Lekki Toll Gate Killings: Yemi Osinbajo speak on shootings
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: The Nigerian state has turned on its people #EndSARS
- IGP orders withdrawal of policemen attached to VIPs across Nigeria
- Protesters set APC secretariat ablaze, attack Chairman’s House
- Olusegun Obasanjo wants Buhari to restrain the military from killing #EndSARS protesters
- Prof Wole Soyinka says Buhari acted in an “authoritarian manner” by deploying soldiers on #EndSARS protesters
- Nigerian civil society situation Room “alarmed by the brutal, despicable killing of #EndSARS protesters”
- Just In: European Union wants justice for #EndSars protesters killed