Estimated Reading Time: <1
The All Progressives Congress, on Friday, rejected the decision of the Independent National Electoral Commission to issue a Certificate of Return to the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, in the Bayelsa Governorship elections, Senator Douye Diri.
National Chairman of the APC, Adams Oshiomhole, said this at an ongoing press conference in Abuja.
He vowed that the party will explore every available legal means to ensure that the will of the people of Bayelsa State was upheld.
Oshiomhole said, “We are going to court.”
He also urged the Peoples Democratic Party not to “celebrate too early.”
Meanwhile, the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Mr Uche Secondus, on Friday, said the party believes in the rule of law, adding that there was no point to protest a judgment which was in agreement with the rule of law.
Secondus’ comments came shortly after the Independent National Electoral Commission issued a Certificate of Return to PDP candidate and governor-elect in Bayelsa State, Douye Diri.
Secondus urged Diri and his deputy governor-elect, Lawrence Ewrudjakpo, to immediately go for reconciliation in the state.
He said, “This is the time to establish the truth and reconciliation committee for the benefit and genuine reconciliation of all Bayelsans.
He said, “The PDP has just crossed one river, there are several other rivers to cross.”
“So, we urge the new governor-elect and deputy governor-elect to quickly go to work; embrace everyone regardless of their lineages or parties, because this is what PDP represents.
“We believe in the rule of law and our matters are very clear. If it is on point with the rule of law, no argument, no protest; if it is not on point with the rule of law, we will ask questions.
“We do not just makeup protests or argue or issue statements on ordinary grounds. On this matter in Bayelsa State, it was on point with the rule of law and the rule of law has taken its place.”
- Udo Jude Ilo: Making the best of the Public Anger on Sexual and Gender-Based Violence
- Edo Elections: PDP picks Nyesom Wike as campaign chairman
- Governor Abdulrazaq reshuffles cabinet
- LASG announces partial reopening of schools
- Kogi Governor appoints acting Chief Judge
- Bauchi Governor suspends Emir of Misau
- APC plans to use Ganduje, Yahyah Bello and Uzodinma to derail Edo election – PDP
- Stamp duty will now be paid on house rent and C of O – FIRS
- No differences to sort out in APC, says Tinubu
- EFCC arraigns Malabu Oil, six others over $1 billion fraud