Estimated Reading Time: <1
Supporters of the All Progressives Congress (APC) are currently protesting in Bayelsa state over the supreme court judgment sacking the party’s elected governorship candidate.
The APC supporters took to the streets of Yenagoa, the state capital, on Friday morning, calling for the reinstatement of David Lyon as governor. and some of the angry supporters are setting ablaze tyres across streets in the capital and the secretariat of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
The supreme court had Thursday nullified the election of Lyon — who was due to be sworn in on Friday — on the grounds that his running mate forged his credentials.
It ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to issue a certificate of return to the candidate with the second highest number of votes and with the required geographical spread in the state — believed to be Diri Duoye of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
But the APC leadership kicked against the judgment, and said no one else would be sworn in as the governor of Bayelsa.
- NCDC confirms 14 new COVID-19 cases in Nigeria
- COVID-19: Enahoro, Ali Get Presidential Pardon… 2,600 Inmates Freed
- Pharmacist Arrested For Raping A 12 Year Old Boy
- Court ask Naira Marley to shoot a video against the spread of COVID-19 pandemic – The Singer had said he didn’t believe in the virus
- COVID-19: US Government repatriates 997 Citizens from Nigeria
- Just In: Lagos discharges seven COVID-19 patients
- Breaking: Nigeria’s Buhari grants presidential pardon, clemency to prison inmates over COVID-19
- Coronavirus may be “reactivating” in people who have been cured of the illness, according to Korea’s Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- 90 Percent Of COVID-19 Patients Recover Without Medical Intervention – NCDC Boss
- “Inmates Will Die Like Chickens if Coronavirus Gets into Prison in Nigeria” — Lamboginny