Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria’s Minister of state for petroleum resources, Timipre Sylva, says about one billion barrels of crude oil have been discovered in the north-east.
NAN quoted Sylva as saying this on Wednesday at a press conference to mark the end of the 2020 Nigeria International Petroleum Summit in Abuja.
The minister said large quantities of oil deposits are yet to be found in the country, adding there is need for more exploration to be undertaken.
“The figure we are getting, the jury is not totally out yet but from the evaluation results, we are getting the reserve that has been discovered in the north-east is about a billion barrels,” he said.
“Those are the kind of figures we are seeing and we are beginning to understand the geological structure of the region.”
The minister said he is confident that the petroleum industry bill (PIB) would be passed before the end of June, going by “cordial” relationship between the legislature and the executive.
- Buhari’s Fuji house of commotion
- Abike Dabiri accuses Minister, Ali Pantami of driving her staff out of NCC property –
- Buhari “regime” is pursuing political annihilation of the South – group alleges
- Two new cases of coronavirus recorded in Enugu State
- Social distancing was not fully enforced during the Eid prayers in Kano
- Nigeria confirms 265 new cases of COVID-19, totalling 7,526
- In Borno State Governor Zulum Attends Eid Prayers While Social Distancing
- President Buhari Celebrates Eid-El-Fitr Privately Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
- Eid-el-Fitr: NSCDC Deploys 500 Officers In Yobe
- Kaduna State Healthcare Workers Begin 7-Day Warning Strike