Estimated Reading Time: <1
Operation Safe Haven (OPSH), a multi-security task force maintaining law and order in Plateau and some parts of Bauchi and Kaduna states, has arrested a suspected Boko Haram terrorist.
The commander of the Operation, Maj. Gen Augustine Agundu, disclosed that the suspect, one Umar Musa Tello was arrested loitering around Zawurna village of Bassa local government area of Plateau State. General Agundu made the disclosure on Tuesday while parading 25 suspected criminals who have committed various crimes in the state.
According to the commander, preliminary investigation revealed that the suspect fled from Damagun village in Yobe State due to the ongoing crackdown by troops of Operation Lafiya Dole.
General Agundu added that the suspect confessed that he was a fighter with Boko Haram group for over three years but decided to leave, adding that he (Tello) had denounced the group.
- House of representatives has withdrawn the water resources bill – here’s why
- Nigerian Senators reject Buhari’s nominee as PENCOM DG
- Nigeria’s 2020 budget has suffered a loss of over $14 billion – Senate President
- P&ID: UK Court orders release of $200 million deposit to Nigeria
- Nigeria@60: Federal Government declares October 1 Public holiday
- Buhari asks NASS for N147 billion refund for Ondo, four other states
- Convoy attack: Borno NASS members visit Zulum in Maiduguri
- ICPC should publish names of persons associated with missing school feeding funds – Minister
- Arewa Consultative Forum caution Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to watch his utterances
- 300 Rice Farmers in Cross River protest unpaid salaries