Estimated Reading Time: <1
An early morning fire on Tuesday razed part of Atakumosa Central Market, Adeti, Ilesha and destroyed goods worth millions of naira.
Punch Newspaper reports that the inferno which started around 1 am affected several shops located at the entrance of the market but was later subdued through the combined efforts of the police and firemen.
Administrative Officer of Osun State Fire Service, Fatai Aremu, told newsmen that despite early response to the distress call, barriers at the entrance of the affected shops did not allow the firemen access.
Aremu said the damage caused by the fire incident was severe, as he claimed that the cause of the incident had not been ascertained.
Osun Police Command, while reacting, said men were deployed in the scene of the incident to prevent looting immediately it was informed of the inferno.
- Schools in Kenya to remain shut until 2021
- “The continued lockdown order on the places of worship is no longer acceptable and reasonably justified” – CAN Leadership tackles Lagos Govt
- EFCC witness, Sani Dauda, denies offering Shehu Sani $25,000 as bribe
- Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority suspends airline, grounds 15 aircraft
- Senate passes anti-sexual harassment bill
- Ibrahim Magu has been suspended as the acting EFCC boss
- Reps to investigate alleged withdrawal of $1.5 billion from NLNG account
- Katsina spent N30 Million on amnesty for repentant bandits
- Nigerian Senate wants Ibadan Airport named after late Senator Abiola Ajimobi
- Just In: Ondo Assembly begins process to impeach deputy governor