Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former President, Goodluck Jonathan on Monday said the claim by a former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Mrs Farida Waziri, in her new book: ‘One Step Ahead life A Spy, Detective And Anti-Graft Czar: that she was removed from the office which she claimed in her new book by Jonathan because of her probe of some oil racketeers was incorrect.
Jonathan, in a statement by his Media Adviser, Ikechukwu Eze, said the former President had to remove Waziri in the national interest, adding that her removal was a patriotic act.
He explained that her removal had a lot to do with reasons relating to Nigeria’s interest and global standing which details, Jonathan said, he was obliged to keep as a state secret in national interest.
Ibe said, “It must be pointed out that former President Jonathan had no personal issues with Mrs Waziri. The former President had to eventually let her go in the national interest. Her removal, therefore, has a lot to do with reasons relating to Nigeria’s interest and global standing which details Dr Goodluck Jonathan is obliged to keep as state secret in our common national interest. It is very important to note that when dealing with the interest of the nation and the performance of the functions of a public office, a determined leader cannot prioritise the interest of an individual.”
- “I won’t take any vaccine” – Governor Yahaya Bello has said Kogi state people are not “guinea pigs”
- I tested positive for COVID-19 – Obasanjo
- Singer, Simi says female entertainers are constantly pitted against each other – she explains the difficulties
- Lagos State Government announces 3 months partial closure of Marine bridge
- WAEC cancels Literature-in English exams; candidates to rewrite papers March 11
- “They took away about 470 cows and cattle” killed 15 persons – Eyewitness accounts after gunmen storm Sokoto
- Speaker Gbajabiamila begs Nigerians to accept COVID-19 vaccine
- “That is the trump card that I will not reveal” – Chief of Defense Staff, General Lucky Irabor talks tough
- Repentant Boko Haram members return to the terror group after spying on security agents formation – Governor Zulum
- Nigerian soldier and his girlfriend were recently caught supplying ammunitions and military uniforms to armed bandits in Zamfara