Estimated Reading Time: <1
Governor of Kano State, Abdullahi Ganduje, on Friday, claimed Kano is the most peaceful state in the country.
The Governor made the comment when he led a Kano delegate to meet with President Muhammadu Buhari in Abuja.
“Kano state, as of today, is the most peaceful state in the country,” Ganduje said. “No armed robbery, no banditry, no tribal conflict, no religious conflict, even the few cases of kidnapping, the kingpins have been arrested.”
His comments come amid increasing reports of insecurity across the country.
The Governor credited his claims of peace to the introduction of information communication technologies into the state’s security administration. “That’s why we are succeeding,” he said.
He also noted that inter-agency cooperation is high among security officials in the state.
“There is full cooperation among the security agencies and Kano state is providing an enabling environment for the security agencies, especially in terms of community policing,” he said.
“Also we have succeeded in establishing a very powerful command and control centre where all security agencies, their representatives, do communicate with each other. And from that centre, the security agencies are being able to communicate with all the DPOs across the 44 local governments of the state.”
The Governor announced the construction of an army training centre in Falgore forest – one of the largest game reserves in the country – to deter bandits from occupying the space.
- Sharia court in Kano sentences 60 year old Man to death by stoning for Rape
- Former US Ambassador to Nigeria, Walter Carrington, Dies at 90
- How are bandits getting weapons? Buhari queries Service Chiefs
- UNILAG Vice-Chancellor, Ogundipe responds to sack notice. Says it is a ‘figment of the imagination’
- Borno Governor appoints new Chief Of Staff
- Insecurity: Allow responsible citizens carry weapons, Benue Governor tells FG
- Transportation costs might increase as Lagos government introduces new taxes
- Film Censors Board issues 30-day notice on mandatory content registration
- Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau, in a new audio condemns Kano death sentence
- After NewsWireNGR Exclusive, Nigerian Govt assures, ‘Air Peace will recall some sacked pilots’