Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Imo State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Saturday declared a one week fasting and prayers for God to restore the mandate of the former governor of the state, Mr Emeka Ihedioha.
According to a statement signed by the party’s State Secretary, Nze Ray Emeana, on Saturday, the spiritual exercise would commence on Sunday, February 9, 2020.
Members of the party in the state, are instructed to dress in black during the spiritual exercise.
The party stated that “during this period, all ward excos should request for mass in their local churches and assemble at LGA party secretariat daily at noon for prayers and breaking of fast.
“Prayer point is asking God to intervene and restore the victory of Emeka Ihedioha as the duly elected governor of Imo State.
“We enjoin the Imo people to remain peaceful and prayerful as we await judgment on the review filed by the winner of the governorship election, Hon. Emeka Ihedioha at the Supreme Court.”
- Propsed bill to require operators of lottery, pools, betting companies to pay N20 million license fee in Lagos
- Federal Government to deduct illegal mining fees from states’ allocations
- NiMET management appeal staff to shelve planned strike
- Victor Ejechi: Nigeria added 7,999 PhD holders to the unemployment market in 21 months
- Traders told me the story about northern governor leading Boko Haram says Mailafia
- Rights group writes US, Buhari, Ganduje, condemns religious policing in Nigeria
- NJC releases list of nominees for Supreme Court appointments
- Resume or be sacked, Ebonyi government threatens striking workers
- DSS to clamp down on notable personalities and groups who incite a breakdown of law and order
- Ogun State Government suspends lockdown