Estimated Reading Time: <1
There was a deafening explosion in the old secretariat of Ekiti State Government, Ado Ekiti in the early hours of Saturday throwing the entire state capital into confusion.
In a statement issued by the Commissioner for Information and Civic Orientation and made available to NewsWireNGR, “An explosion was reported earlier this morning at the Explosives Ordnance Disposal (EOD) office in Ado Ekiti”.
The explosions, which occurred about 7.05 am in the Explosion Ordinance Disposal Unit situated within the old secretariat, reduced the EOD building into rubble and shattered windows and ceilings of the government offices compound.
“An initial on -the- spot assessment confirms that there are no casualties and the area is secured with no further threats. Members of the public are advised to go about their normal duties.” The statement reads in parts.
There were, however, no casualties in the incident.
The Commissioner of Police, Ekiti State, Asuquo Amba, said at the site of the blast that he suspected that the explosion was caused by counter-terrorism accessories kept in the office.
“Let my men from anti-bomb department check around. Officers of the anti-bomb are combing the place as you can see,” he said.
- Tinubu describes Obaseki as an errant, ill disciplined governor and a dictator, who has been contemptuous of the people of Edo state
- Breaking: European Union lifts travel restrictions
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Naira Marley irritates the hypocrisy in all of us
- Buhari signs amended Companies Allied Matters bill
- Lai Mohammed says the hate speech N5 million fine is to deter those willing to destabilise Nigeria
- DG of the Progressive Governors forum says party is losing electoral value
- Just In: NUPENG orders tanker drivers to Suspend services in Lagos
- Candidate of the APC in Edo State, Ize-Iyamu says he does not want to go to Jail
- Former Nassarawa SSG cleared of all allegations of financial misappropriation
- Reps summon finance minister, predecessor over N1.7 trillion