Estimated Reading Time: <1
There was a deafening explosion in the old secretariat of Ekiti State Government, Ado Ekiti in the early hours of Saturday throwing the entire state capital into confusion.
In a statement issued by the Commissioner for Information and Civic Orientation and made available to NewsWireNGR, “An explosion was reported earlier this morning at the Explosives Ordnance Disposal (EOD) office in Ado Ekiti”.
The explosions, which occurred about 7.05 am in the Explosion Ordinance Disposal Unit situated within the old secretariat, reduced the EOD building into rubble and shattered windows and ceilings of the government offices compound.
“An initial on -the- spot assessment confirms that there are no casualties and the area is secured with no further threats. Members of the public are advised to go about their normal duties.” The statement reads in parts.
There were, however, no casualties in the incident.
The Commissioner of Police, Ekiti State, Asuquo Amba, said at the site of the blast that he suspected that the explosion was caused by counter-terrorism accessories kept in the office.
“Let my men from anti-bomb department check around. Officers of the anti-bomb are combing the place as you can see,” he said.
- Ibrahim Magu, former acting EFCC Chairman accused of failing to account for 332 real estate properties recovered
- Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami justifies approval to sell five sea vessels holding crude oil and diesel
- Human rights lawyer, Femi Falana denies receiving N28m from Ibrahim Magu
- “My involvement in that political process ended after the elections of 2011” – Sambo Dasuki denies campaigning for President Buhari in 2015
- UK denies Nigerian airline landing permit to evacuate stranded citizens
- Leader of ‘One Million Boys’ shot dead in Ibadan
- Doctors in Lagos State begin warning strike on Monday
- National Theatre handed over to bankers’ committee for renovation
- LASG seals 33 hotels, bars, restaurants, others for violating reopening protocols
- Bollywood Superstars Amitabh Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai Test Positive For COVID-19