Estimated Reading Time: <1
There was a deafening explosion in the old secretariat of Ekiti State Government, Ado Ekiti in the early hours of Saturday throwing the entire state capital into confusion.
In a statement issued by the Commissioner for Information and Civic Orientation and made available to NewsWireNGR, “An explosion was reported earlier this morning at the Explosives Ordnance Disposal (EOD) office in Ado Ekiti”.
The explosions, which occurred about 7.05 am in the Explosion Ordinance Disposal Unit situated within the old secretariat, reduced the EOD building into rubble and shattered windows and ceilings of the government offices compound.
“An initial on -the- spot assessment confirms that there are no casualties and the area is secured with no further threats. Members of the public are advised to go about their normal duties.” The statement reads in parts.
There were, however, no casualties in the incident.
The Commissioner of Police, Ekiti State, Asuquo Amba, said at the site of the blast that he suspected that the explosion was caused by counter-terrorism accessories kept in the office.
“Let my men from anti-bomb department check around. Officers of the anti-bomb are combing the place as you can see,” he said.
- Propsed bill to require operators of lottery, pools, betting companies to pay N20 million license fee in Lagos
- Federal Government to deduct illegal mining fees from states’ allocations
- NiMET management appeal staff to shelve planned strike
- Victor Ejechi: Nigeria added 7,999 PhD holders to the unemployment market in 21 months
- Traders told me the story about northern governor leading Boko Haram says Mailafia
- Rights group writes US, Buhari, Ganduje, condemns religious policing in Nigeria
- NJC releases list of nominees for Supreme Court appointments
- Resume or be sacked, Ebonyi government threatens striking workers
- DSS to clamp down on notable personalities and groups who incite a breakdown of law and order
- Ogun State Government suspends lockdown