Estimated Reading Time: <1
A Kenyan athlete, David Barmasai Tumo, emerged winner of the Lagos marathon Saturday morning.
The race, which is championed by Access Bank, started in front of the National Stadium, Surulere, and ended at the Eko Atlantic City, Victoria Island, a 42-kilometre stretch.
The Third Mainland Bridge, Osborne road, Parkview and Lekki/Ikoyi link bridge were among roads that were closed for the annual activity.
Last year, Sintayehu Legese of Ethiopia won the marathon. He finished with a time of 2:17:28.
A Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Osaro Eghobamien, ran for ‘justice’. Well-known faces such as former Super-Eagles midfielder, Austin ‘Jay-Jay’ Okocha, also participated in the race.
Tumo will be rewarded with the race’s grand prize of $50,000.
The first woman to cross the finish line was another Kenyan, Sharon Jemutai Cherop.
- “No one should say shit about Ganduje” – Fatima, Kano Governors daughter defends her father #EdoDecides2020
- UK Congratulates Governor Obaseki, Commends Electoral process
- APC rejects Edo Governorship election #EdoDecides2020
- “My supporters endured evils”- APC Candidate Ize-Iyamu breaks silence #EdoDecides2020
- My commitment to free and fair elections is firm – President Buhari Congratulates Obaseki
- Edo has decided; Godwin Obaseki reelected as Governor
- @inecnigeria declares Godwin Obaseki of the People’s Democratic Party winner of the 2020 Edo governorship election
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Enter Nyesom Wike; Obaseki’s new Godfather
- @SERAP wants Buhari to jettison the proposed amendment to the act establishing EFCC
- Breaking: Governor Godwin Obaseki wins Ize-Iyamu’s LGA