Estimated Reading Time: <1
An FCT high court has sentenced one Mister Obinna Echanu to death by hanging for killing an Uber driver.
Obinna was standing trial alongside one Mister Everly Nnerun for allegedly conspiring to kill the Uber driver identified as Edwin Ali on December 26th, 2016 along the Abuja airport road.
Channels Television reports that the accused were charged with five counts which include armed robbery, conspiracy, illegal possession of firearms and culpable homicide.
Delivering his judgment, Justice Peter Kekemeke discharged and acquitted Nnerun for lack of evidence by the prosecutor, which is the Nigerian Police, but convicted Echanu and sentenced him to death by hanging as his counsel failed to prove his innocence before the court.
- Just In: Schools across Nigeria remain closed – here’s all you need to know about the lifted restrictions
- In Nigeria, domestic flights to resume Operations from June 21
- Breaking: Religious gatherings can now resume – FG
- Edo Polls: Obaseki seeks Buhari’s intervention
- Breaking: APC governors converge in Abuja for crucial meeting on Obaseki
- Police confirms assassination of district head, APC chairman by bandits
- Breaking: Nigerian Govt reduces petrol pump price to N121.50 per litre
- Breaking: Tribunal rejects party’s request to join petition in Bayelsa governorship dispute
- Salawa Abeni’s 19 year old blackmailer has been arrested
- “Aboki” and the dangers of othering in Nigeria