Estimated Reading Time: <1
The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Director-General (DG), Brigadier General Shuaibu Ibrahim has confirmed that the Federal Government in line with the new National Minimum Wage has approved N33,000 allowance for Corps members.
The NYSC-DG disclosed this while speaking to Corps members at the NYSC Bauchi State Secretariat during his working visit to the State.
In a press statement posted on the official Facebook page of NYSC, the DG explained: “provision had been made for the new allowance in the year 2020 Budget, adding that payment would commence as soon as funds are released by the appropriate authorities.”
This was as he was elucidating the actual amount the Corps members should be expecting contrary to different amounts circulating on social media.
Brigadier General Shuaibu Ibrahim also advised the Corps members to be security-conscious and warned against rumour-mongering and negative usage of the Social Media.
Corps members were also enjoined to avoid unauthorized journey and in instances, they got proper approval for such, should avoid night travel.
- Just in: Osinbajo tells CBN to regulate, not ban cryptocurrency
- Police in Rivers State dissolve the ‘Eagle Crack Squad’ unit of the force
- Jangebe Abductions: The terrorists attacked the soldiers in the community before they entered the school- Teacher reveals
- Muslims in Kwara public schools can now wear Hijabs – Kwara State government
- UPDATE: We don’t know the number of schoolgirls kidnapped – Zamfara Government
- Nurses and Midwives in Ondo plan strike
- Breaking: Terrorists abduct 300 schoolgirls in Zamfara
- SSANU suspends 3 weeks strike
- Twitter announces feature that lets you charge for tweets
- Victor Ejechi: Agricultural Production and the Development of the Nigerian Economy