Estimated Reading Time: <1
Mr Ndubuisi Emenike the Action Alliance (AA’s) candidate in the Imo North Senatorial District in the 2019 National Assembly election, has been shot dead by an operative of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC).
The Imo state Police command confirmed the killing on Sunday, January 26, 2020.
Speaking on the developing issue, police spokesman, Orlando Ikeokwu told journalists that Mr Emenike was shot dead by the NSCDC official during a celebration party held in honour of APC’s Miriam Onuoha the winner of the Okigwe North Federal Constituency.
The said NSCDC operative is said to have been attached to the AA Senatorial candidate and had escorted him to the victory party.
Witnesses say NSCDC official was shooting consistently into the air and mistakenly shot his boss, disrupting the party which was already underway.
Mr Emenikr fell and lost consciousness and was immediately rushed to a nearby hospital.
Police say the NSCDC official is presently in custody even as the command has launched an investigation into the ugly incident.
The death of Ndubuisi Emenike is coming few weeks after the death of Senator Ben Uwajimogu who also contested and won the Imo North senatorial district election in 2019.
- Gunmen who invaded Abuja orphanage demand for N30 Million
- Governor Kayode Fayemi, says herdsmen were not asked to vacate Ondo State – blames the media
- Just In: Court orders Kaduna prison to release El-Zakzaky’s wife, Zeenat for COVID treatment
- Police investigate Apostle Suleman for allegedly sleeping with pastor’s wife & threatening his life
- PDP justifies Wike’s N500Million donation to Sokoto State
- The Choice and the science of deploying COVID-19 vaccines in Nigeria
- APC is a dying party, we have failed Nigerians – Solomon Dalung
- PDP calls on US President Joe Biden to sanction APC leaders
- Gunmen kidnap 11 people, including children from Abuja orphanage
- Fact Check: Rivers government did not order sudden shutdown of schools