Estimated Reading Time: <1
Mr Ndubuisi Emenike the Action Alliance (AA’s) candidate in the Imo North Senatorial District in the 2019 National Assembly election, has been shot dead by an operative of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC).
The Imo state Police command confirmed the killing on Sunday, January 26, 2020.
Speaking on the developing issue, police spokesman, Orlando Ikeokwu told journalists that Mr Emenike was shot dead by the NSCDC official during a celebration party held in honour of APC’s Miriam Onuoha the winner of the Okigwe North Federal Constituency.
The said NSCDC operative is said to have been attached to the AA Senatorial candidate and had escorted him to the victory party.
Witnesses say NSCDC official was shooting consistently into the air and mistakenly shot his boss, disrupting the party which was already underway.
Mr Emenikr fell and lost consciousness and was immediately rushed to a nearby hospital.
Police say the NSCDC official is presently in custody even as the command has launched an investigation into the ugly incident.
The death of Ndubuisi Emenike is coming few weeks after the death of Senator Ben Uwajimogu who also contested and won the Imo North senatorial district election in 2019.
- Over 2000 critically endangered vultures dead through deliberate pesticide poisoning
- National Assembly To Meet On Thursday On 2020 Revised Budget
- Cobhams Asuquo has been appointed UNICEF national ambassador
- IMF advises banks to suspend dividend payment
- MD of NDDC Says The Commission’s 2019 budget padded with over 500 fake projects
- Presidency deny reports of cancelled memo signed off by the late Abba Kyari
- Governors to meet over financial autonomy for judiciary & legislature
- Kaduna Govt extends lockdown by two weeks
- Lagos State Internal revenue service extends deadline for taxpayers
- Nigerian Airports to resume Operations – here’s what you need to know