Estimated Reading Time: <1
Senator Shehu Sani has been granted Ten Million naira (N10m) bail by a Federal High Court in Abuja. Sani who represented Kaduna Central, in the 8th senate was accused of collecting money in the name of the EFCC acting chairman, Ibrahim Magu.
A source familiar with the arrest told journalists that Mr Sani was arrested following a leak that he collected money from a popular Kaduna businessman to give Mr Magu.
Following a conflict between him and his former in-law, a famous Kaduna car dealer, Sani Dauda, was said to have been approached by Mr Sani to help him get EFCC to dig up alleged crimes of his estranged in-law.
EFCC sources said Mr Sani collected $10,000 from Mr Dauda. But Sehu Sani has pleaded not guilty to allegations of bribery and fraud.
- Northerners met in Kaduna to begin the search for Buhari’s successor
- Breaking: Villagers killed in fresh attacks and reprisals in Kaduna
- Explosives detonated at Governor Wike’s father’s Church in Port Harcourt
- Just In: Borno Governor led residents at Zabarmari for the funeral of 43 farmers beheaded by Boko Haram terrorist
- Breaking: Nigeria’s President Buhari confirms the beheading of 43 Borno rice farmers by Boko Haram
- Former Governor of Ebonyi State, Sen. Sam Egwu has asked security agencies to arrest him
- Update: 43 bodies recovered as Boko Haram terrorists slit throats of Borno farmers
- Federal Housing Authority to publish names of Nigerians indebted to the agency in national dailies – Here’s why
- Breaking: Here are the 2020 candidates that emerged winners of the Future Awards Africa
- Breaking: Boko Haram beheads 43 farmers in Zabarmari, Maiduguri