Estimated Reading Time: <1
The supreme court has upheld the election of Abdullahi Ganduje as the governor of Kano state.
The court gave its verdict on Monday in the suit filed by Abba Kabir Yusuf, candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), challenging the election of Ganduje, candidate of the All Progressive Congress (APC).
Nigeria main opposition Peoples Democratic Party – PDP candidate, Abba Yusuf had challenged the victory of the ruling All Progressives Congress – APC Govnor Abdullahi Ganduje.
After losing the case at Kano State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal and the Court of Appeal, the PDP and Abba-Yusuf had approached the Supreme Court, to seek for an order overturning the lower court’s decision and affirming them as the winner of the Kano governorship election.
More Details to follow…
- Nigeria@60: Federal Government declares October 1 Public holiday
- Buhari asks NASS for N147 billion refund for Ondo, four other states
- Convoy attack: Borno NASS members visit Zulum in Maiduguri
- ICPC should publish names of persons associated with missing school feeding funds – Minister
- Arewa Consultative Forum caution Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to watch his utterances
- 300 Rice Farmers in Cross River protest unpaid salaries
- States take Federal Government to the Supreme Court over funding
- Trans fat: Nigeria still on the road finalise regulation
- VP Osinbajo urges leaders of destination countries to insist on repatriation of illicit funds & their proceeds
- INEC replaces manual voting with automated voting system