Estimated Reading Time: <1
The supreme court has upheld the election of Abdullahi Ganduje as the governor of Kano state.
The court gave its verdict on Monday in the suit filed by Abba Kabir Yusuf, candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), challenging the election of Ganduje, candidate of the All Progressive Congress (APC).
Nigeria main opposition Peoples Democratic Party – PDP candidate, Abba Yusuf had challenged the victory of the ruling All Progressives Congress – APC Govnor Abdullahi Ganduje.
After losing the case at Kano State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal and the Court of Appeal, the PDP and Abba-Yusuf had approached the Supreme Court, to seek for an order overturning the lower court’s decision and affirming them as the winner of the Kano governorship election.
More Details to follow…
- Kenya resumes international flight operations
- Fed Gov’t announced some lifelines for the broadcast industry – here’s what you need to know
- Former Vice Chairman of APC, Inuwa Abdulkadir, Dead
- Just In: Ondo State Secretary to Government, Ifedayo Abegunde, resigns
- Negotiating with bandits is the best option for peace – Zamfara Governor
- Doctors in Cross River on strike over undeclared COVID-19 cases
- ‘We had no plan to bar Oyo deputy governor from fidau prayer’ – Ajimobi’s family
- “APC Is Irresponsible, Reckless” – PDP kicks against ruling party linking members to fraudstar Hushpuppi
- Just In: Benue State University DVC dies of Covid-19
- Just In: Boat mishap in Benue River, Scores killed