Estimated Reading Time: <1
Ondo State Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu has responded to the comments attributed to the Attorney General and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, declaring ‘Operation Amotekun’ as an illegal outfit.
Mr. Akeredolu in an exclusive interview told Channels Television that it is clear laws are not made in the office of the AGF, but he can interpret the laws and advise the FG on matters relating to the law.
“One thing is clear, laws are not made in the office of the Attorney General; he can only interpret the laws and give positions of government on matters relating to the law.
“When he comes out with relevant portions of the law on the matter, we will consider it and respond adequately as the law stipulates.”
The Governor who alongside his colleagues from other Southwest states, last week, launched Amotekun in Ibadan, the Oyo state capital, added that the governors from the region are yet to meet since the pronouncement from the office of the AGF.
“We have not met, but I can assure you that when we meet, we will adequately respond to the position of the AGF.”
- NDLEA arrests a trans-border drug trafficker with N1bn worth of cocaine in Sokoto
- Just In: Katsina orders reopening of boarding schools after Kankara abduction
- Salihu Tanko-Yakasai’s family petitions DSS
- COVID-19: Nigeria to get four million vaccine doses Tuesday
- APC Youths blame Salihu Tanko-Yakasai for his comments on Buhari – demand his release
- Chinedu Ekeke: Buhari regime, gasping for air, begging to breathe
- Correction: 317 kidnapped schoolgirls of Government Secondary School in Jangebe, Zamfara yet to be freed
- I will never accept and legalise same-sex marriage – Ghana President, Akufo-Addo
- Fans react as Davido is spotted holding hands with alleged new lover, Mya Yafai
- Why we arrested Salihu Tanko-Yakasai – DSS Reveals