Estimated Reading Time: <1
The house of representatives committee on power, Tuesday, asked the National Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) to suspend the planned increase in electricity tariff.
Recall that NERC had directed the electricity distribution companies (DisCos) to enforce an upward review of the tariff starting from April 1.
NERC In a meeting in Abuja on Tuesday, Aliyu Magaji, the committee chairman, asked NERC to issue a directive suspending the upward review pending proper consultations on the matter.
- Ibrahim Magu, former acting EFCC Chairman accused of failing to account for 332 real estate properties recovered
- Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami justifies approval to sell five sea vessels holding crude oil and diesel
- Human rights lawyer, Femi Falana denies receiving N28m from Ibrahim Magu
- “My involvement in that political process ended after the elections of 2011” – Sambo Dasuki denies campaigning for President Buhari in 2015
- UK denies Nigerian airline landing permit to evacuate stranded citizens
- Leader of ‘One Million Boys’ shot dead in Ibadan
- Doctors in Lagos State begin warning strike on Monday
- National Theatre handed over to bankers’ committee for renovation
- LASG seals 33 hotels, bars, restaurants, others for violating reopening protocols
- Bollywood Superstars Amitabh Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai Test Positive For COVID-19