Estimated Reading Time: <1
About 35 people have been reportedly killed and another 58 abducted after suspected bandits invaded 10 communities in Chikun and Birnin Gwari local government areas of Kaduna state.
TheCable Newspaper reports that the gunmen were said to have invaded the villages and carried out the attacks on January 6, and subsequently demanded the payment of N100 million ransom for the release of their victims.
Speaking when Jonathan Asake, president of Southern Kaduna Peoples Union (SOKAPU), visited victims of the attack on Monday at aschool, one Habila Sarkin Noma, a clergyman, said the bandits had call to say “we must produce N100m as ransom if we want to have them alive”.
He alleged that the suspects were herdsmen who have been attacking the villages persistently, and “would grace on our crops and threatened to kill us if we protest”.
“Sometimes when they attack and take captives, we will manage and pay ransom. Even after paying, sometimes they kill the victims,” Habila said.
“But the attacks that took place on the 6th January, 2020, was the worst, they killed a about a total of 35 people and kidnapped a total of 58 people in 10 villages.”
He listed the affected villages to include Badna, Zankoro, Hayin Damisa, Unguwan Badole, Badimi, Kuderi and Unguwan Doma in Chukun LGA while others include Rumana Gbagyi, Rumana Hausa and Malomo in
Birnin Gwari LGA.
- Lagos witnessing rise in local transmission of Coronavirus cases since border closure – searching for 2,645 passengers
- Kaduna state Government searching and tracing of 119 contacts of the 5 positive cases recorded
- Breaking: Singer, Naira Marley Arrested and now in custody, Say Lagos state Police Command
- Funke Akindele Bello and husband have been sentenced
- Breaking: Buhari approves withdrawal of $150m from Sovereign Wealth Fund
- Actress, Funke Akindele, and Husband plead guilty, await court’s verdict
- Breaking: Police take Funke Akindele, husband, JJC Skillz, to court for flouting the lockdown order
- “We Have A Bigger Problem Than COVID-19, Which Is Hunger.”- Borno Governor
- 3 Nigerians die of Coronavirus in the US
- “No state should be seen as more important than any other” – Governor Wike thinks FG is playing politics with Coronavirus